- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large milky way bars cut into 12 pieces
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Generously grease a cupcake tin (or using one of those silicone baking cups will help tremendously here.) with butter or cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars in a large bowl with a hand mixer. Add the eggs one at a time and the vanilla and combine. Add the flour mixture in batches until thoroughly mixed. Cut milky way bars into 12 even pieces.
- Taking the dough in 3/4 to 1 inch balls and place in the bottom on the cupcake tins. Flatten them out. Add a piece of the milky way bar in the center. With another dough ball the same size place it over the candy bar and press to form.
- Place into the oven for 35-40 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden brown on top and they look dry and not wet.
- Let cool on a wire rack for at least 15 minutes.